Thursday, October 30, 2008

yummy goodness


i'm not a breakfast eater.

ok, that's not really - totally - true. I like breakfast, but i'm picky. i want crepes, with warm fruit compote. i want eggs, delicately scrambled with onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, olives, bacon and topped with shredded cheese, or feta! i want hash browns, potatoes o'brien or home fries and i want sweet, tasty cinnamon rolls, or biscuits with creamy butter and Knott's (yes, as in "Berry Farm") jam to top it all off. And guess what - I don't even need all of those items at one meal (despite the size of my butt which may indicate that i not only eat them all together, but daily)!

but the reality is, no human being *should* eat any, or most, of those items most days. sigh...

so, i don't eat breakfast. i drink coffee - but that's really about it. and that's SO not good for me. I know, I know! stop looking at me like that - and don't shake your finger at me!!!

last year, I ran across a blog that listed her newfound favorite breakfast. it was cereal in yogurt. specifically, it was a 'soy & flaxseed' cereal and 'banilla' (vanilla & bannana flavor) yogurt. I tried it. I liked it. but it wasn't *great*.

Over the summer, I once again fell out of eating breakfast (with the exception of a few homemade smoothies and breakfast while camping), but last week, I decided this had to end. I found myself in Trader Joe's, pondering over cereals. and then i found it!

Cherry Almond Crunch. Yummy! corn flakes, oat clusters, almond slivers and big, juicy dried cherries. I tossed a few large spoonfulls over vanilla yogurt. OMG!! It's like eating dessert for breakfast! The corn flakes are tasty and the oat clusters have just a touch of sweetness. I could eat those two things, with the yogurt, by themselves - but add in a few cherries! AH! Oh! yes, it's THAT good.

now THIS is a great breakfast!

2 comments:

kat said...

yay! i'm glad you found a breakie you enjoy. i want crepes.

Anonymous said...

Okay, both the crepes, eggs, and potatos, AND the Cherry Almond Crunch sound yummy! Reading this made me want breakfast and it's 8:30 at night!

Thanks for sharing your blog with me!