Thursday, August 14, 2008

***yawn***

um, i feel like i've been sleeping for a week. uh - 2 weeks!

I'm so sorry folks. i've been tired! so - let's catch up...

last you heard from me, i was preparing for the expo. let me just say that the expo gets better every year! and this year was no exception. we played, i worked, we learned, we relaxed. the only pall over the entire weekend that we were SO tired by our departure on sunday that minime had a bit of a melt-down. it was ultimately understandable - a long weekend with shifted sleep schedules and an overwhelming amount of things to do for 3 days. i was ready to melt-down too! Next year - we stay that extra day, just to play and relax *after* all the exciting stuff is over.

as for our sessions - they went swell. Hogwarts was a fan favorite. they loved all the things we had to show them and really just the general concept of "thinking outside of the box" about the homeschooling adventure. we're being mentioned on blogs all over! to learn more about our session, check out our blog: Hogwarts

I also did a solo session of Disneyschooling. Yes - you really can put those two words together! I won't bore you too much, but the session went well and it was FUN! Learn more here.

ok - so that's out of the way... on to more stuff.

this past week, I began participating in a craft 'contest' called a "Yarn Smackdown. I have killed - and just today, I myself was killed (and it was sweet). To learn more - you'll have to go to Paper2Yarn. I promise to get an update over there too!

And today - work. Uh, well - HomeSchoolLA stuff. We are in the process of updating our website and expanding on the blog we have as well. It uses up a good portion of brain space for me when I'm in this mode, so I consider it my "job". If you've never visited, check it out - and we'll have an update there the first of September!

ok - so that's what is going on. I expect to be on more regularly - you know, now that i've caught up on my sleep...

1 comment:

Gabriela said...

You're back! Well thank heaven for that. I had begun to think we'd never hear from you again here in blogland. So glad to hear that the expo was a resounding success. What fun!